ShotList places an essential, professional-quality filmmaking tool in the hands of anyone putting together a scripted movie or video shoot.
Developed in co-operation with an award-winning video production team, this unique app brings the “Production Stripboard” system used for many years in the film industry to a mobile device for the first time – allowing the planning and real-time tracking of every scene of your shoot as it happens.
ShotList stores the details, locations and notes for each scene in an easily viewable and editable form, with storyboard frames for each scene ready for instant recall. Use it to track progress throughout the day of a shoot, or make use of its advanced capabilities to break down a script and schedule out a multi-day shoot in advance – all “on the go”. If inspiration strikes, or a last-minute disaster forces a rethink, you will always have the latest version of your schedule right there in your pocket, and can change your plans on the spot.
ShotList enables filmmakers to:
- Plan shooting schedules for scripted drama, commercial shoots, radio production or motion capture. Add, edit, delete or re-order your scenes freely across multiple shooting days, the total number of script pages to be shot each day updates instantly.
- Track progress on each scene, marking it as “To Do”, “Delay”, “Cut” or “Done” as you shoot, to ensure you never miss a vital scene.
- View and store shot details. Store up to 6 storyboard images for each scene, imported from your photo library or shot directly from the device’s camera. Notes, and details such as shot type and camera angle can also be stored for each shot. Each shot can also be marked off as it is completed. (You could also use this feature to store location shots, reference or test shots for each scene. )
- Store “hotlinked” notes for each scene, for one-tap access to phone numbers, or web addresses (such as location information, or train or tide timetables).
- Keep everyone informed of last-minute changes by emailing them the latest “one-line schedule”, or print out or send a colourful PDF of the stripboard and details pages. You can also exchange updated project files with other ShotList users on your team using Dropbox.
We have already released a number of updates to add additional features based on user feedback, and have more in the pipeline, so please drop us a line to let us know what you would like to see.
You can find out more about what ShotList can do in the User Guide.
ShotList’s development was part-financed by Northern Film & Media.
ShotList works with iPhone 5, 4s, 4, 3Gs, iPod touch, all iPads and iPad mini, running iOS5.0 and above, and is available now on the App Store.