ShotList places an essential, professional-quality filmmaking tool in the hands of anyone putting together a scripted movie or video shoot, at an affordable price.
Developed in co-operation with an award-winning video production team, this unique app brings the “Production Stripboard” system used for many years in the film industry to a mobile device for the first time – allowing the planning and real-time tracking of every scene of your shoot as it happens
ShotList stores the details, locations and notes for each scene ready for instant recall. Use it to track progress throughout the day of a shoot, or to break down a script and plan out a multi-day shoot in advance – all “on the go”.
If inspiration strikes, or a last-minute disaster forces a rethink, you always have the latest version of your schedule right there with you and can change plans on the spot, and let others know about it.
ShotList enables filmmakers to:
- Plan shooting schedules for scripted drama, commercial shoots, radio production or motion capture.
- Add, edit, delete or re-order your scenes freely across multiple shooting days.
- Never miss a vital scene by tracking progress as you shoot, marking each scene as “To Do”, “Delay”, “Cut” or “Done”.
- View and store shot details. Store many storyboard images (or location, or continuity images) for each scene. Notes, and details (such as shot type and camera angle) can be stored for each shot. Mark each shot as it is completed.
- Store comprehensive notes for each scene, including one-tap access to phone numbers, or web addresses (such as location information, or train or tide timetables).
- Keep everyone informed of last-minute changes by emailing them the latest “one-line schedule”, or a full PDF. Print out update sheets directly from the app, or exchange updates with other ShotList users on your team with Dropbox.
We have already released a number of updates to add additional features based on user feedback since that video was made, and we have more in the pipeline, so please drop us a line to let us know what you would like to see.
You can discover more about what ShotList can do from our User Guide.
ShotList’s development was part-financed by
Northern Film & Media.
ShotList works with iPhone 6+, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4s and 4, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini running iOS6.1 and above, and is available now on the App Store.