MailShot is available on the App Store in two tasty flavors: MailShot Pro is the full version, allowing up to 100 groups, with group size only limited by your email service (typically 100 contacts per email). MailShot lets you try it out for free with three smaller groups, and can be upgraded with a one-off purchase to full features.
MailShot provides an easy way to create and manage groups of family or friends, sports or work teams, and send email to them from the app. It can also help you forward email to your groups (something few other apps can do) or “share” documents directly to a group.
This App Store preview video quickly runs you through the features
And this video explains how to use the app in a bit more detail
You can add members to a group in many different ways:
- From your Contacts
- From an address book group
- Entered into the app (so they don’t clutter up your address book)
- Imported as a list of names and email addresses
- From your other MailShot groups
Groups can easily be copied, renamed and deleted, or split into smaller groups. Mailshot has a few advantages over the simple groups that iOS supports
- Contacts can belong to multiple groups.
- Contacts can use different email addresses in each group. (Add their work address to a work-related group, and their home address to a sports group, or multiple addresses)
• Keep email addresses private, using “Send Email (Bcc)”
• Group data will automatically be shared between your iOS devices
• To forward an email (with attachments), copy a group to clipboard, then paste it to the address line in the standard Mail app.
iOS will ask permission for MailShot to access your contacts, to make it easier for you to create groups from them. Your email address, and those of your group, are never shared with us- everything happens on your device.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our support and are always happy to hear from you. You can find lots of information and advice in our Support page and User Guide. If you need further assistance, please get in touch from the “Support” button in the app, rather than through the website.
No recurring subscription is necessary with either version.
MailShot Pro works with all iPhones, iPod touch, and iPads running iOS 13, and is available now on the App Store.
MailShot works with all iPhones, iPod touch, and iPads running iOS 13 and is available on the App Store as a free download that can create up to 3 groups with up to 5 contacts per group. An in-app purchase will remove those restrictions.