MailShot is available on the App Store in two tasty flavors: MailShot Pro is the full version, allowing up to 100 groups, with group size only limited by your email service (typically 100 contacts per email). MailShot lets you try it out for free with 3 smaller groups. It can tbe upgraded to full features with a one-off purchase.
MailShot provides an easy-to-use interface to create and manage groups of family or friends, sports or work teams and send email to them, either from the app, or by tapping the address line in Contacts
It lets you quickly add members to a group in many different ways:
• From your address book (individually, or from a checklist)
• By hand
• Import from an address book group
• Import a string of names and addresses
Groups can easily be copied, renamed and deleted, or split into smaller groups.
MailShot groups can do several things which address book groups cannot…
• Contacts can belong to multiple groups.
• Contacts can use different email addresses in each group. (Add their work address to a work-related group, and their home address to a sports group, or multiple addresses)
• Contacts do not need to exist in your address book.
• In iOS 7 or 8 you can also send directly from the Mail app by tapping the blue + on the address line, and adding the group’s contact from the contact list. (do not do this in iOS 9, or above)
• Protect the group’s privacy by placing email addresses in the Bcc: line.
• Group contacts are shared automatically to your other iOS devices, use the Contacts app to send group email from those devices.
• To forward an email (with attachments), copy a group to the clipboard then paste into the address line in Mail.
iOS will ask permission for MailShot to access your contacts. Your email address, and those of your group, are never shared with us- everything happens on your device.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our support and are always happy to hear from you. You can find lots of information and advice on our Support page and User Guide. If you need further assistance, please get in touch from the “Support” button in the app, rather than through the website.
MailShot works with iPhone 6S+, 6S, 6+, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4s, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini, and is available now on the App Store as a free download that can create up to 3 groups
with up to 5 contacts per group. An in-app purchase will remove those restrictions.
No recurring subscription is necessary with either version.