TextShot lets you easily send SMS (from iPhone) and iMessages (from all iOS devices) to groups of your friends or colleagues. Messages are sent directly from the app with a single tap of the TextShot logo on the title page.
Save typing by creating your own preset text messages to choose from (such as “I’m running late. I’ll be there as soon as I can”, or “I’ll be there in ten minutes”) then send them with a tap or two.
TextGroup will feel very familiar to users of our MailShot app. We have tried to make everything feel as similar as possible as you create your groups.
• Create groups from contacts in your address book
• Rapidly add multiple contacts using a checklist, or import entire address book groups.
• Store your frequently-used messages as presets, for rapid retrieval.
• Use email addresses as contact IDs for iMessage as well as phone numbers.
• Replicates the look and feel of our popular “MailShot” group email app.
• NEW paste strings of numbers, or names and numbers directly into text groups.
TextShot Lite lets you try for free with up to three groups of four people, and storing two pre-written messages (it can easily be upgraded to remove those limits with an in-app purchase). It is also available, without restrictions, as TextShot Pro.
iPhone can send both SMS and iMessages. iPad and iPod touch can only send iMessages.
To avoid sending MMS messages instead of SMS, be sure to disable the switch for “MMS messaging” in the Settings app. (MMS messages can not be sent to more than 10 or 20 in a group, depending on your carrier and device)
NOTE: TextShot is not designed to handle group email (please try MailShot for that)
For any other questions, please see our TextShot Support page.
TextShot Pro works with iPhone 6+, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4s and 4, and is available now on the App Store.
TextShot Lite works with iPhone 6+, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4s and 4, and is a free download that creates up to 2 groups with up to 4 contacts per group. An in-app purchase removes those restrictions.