MailShot is available on the App Store in two tasty flavors: MailShot Pro is the full version, allowing up to 100 groups, with group size only limited by your email service (typically 100 contacts per email). MailShot lets you try it out for free with three smaller groups. It can tbe upgraded to full features with a one-off purchase.
MailShot provides an easy-to-use interface to create and manage groups of family or friends, sports or work teams and send email to them from the app.
It can also help forward email to groups (something very few other apps can do) and share documents directly to a group.
You can add members to a group in many different ways:
- From your contacts (individually, or using a checklist)
- By importing an address book group
- Entering contact details directly (so they don’t clutter up your address book)
- Import an entire list of names and addresses (such as an email header)
- Added from other MailShot groups
Groups can easily be copied, renamed and deleted, or split into smaller groups.
- Contacts can belong to multiple groups.
- Contacts can use different email addresses in each group. (Add their work address to a work-related group, and their home address to a sports group, or multiple addresses)
• Protect the group’s privacy by placing email addresses in the Bcc: line.
• Group contacts are shared automatically to your other iOS devices, use the Contacts app to send group email from those devices.
• To forward an email (with attachments), copy a group to clipboard, then paste it to the address line in Mail.
iOS will ask permission for MailShot to access your contacts. Your email address, and those of your group, are never shared with us- everything happens on your device.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our support and are always happy to hear from you. You can find lots of information and advice on our Support page and User Guide. If you need further assistance, please get in touch from the “Support” button in the app, rather than through the website.
MailShot works with iPhone 6S+, 6S, 6+, 6,SE 5S, 5c, 5, 4s, iPod touch, iPad, iPad Pro and iPad mini, and is available now on the App Store as a free download that can create up to 3 groups with up to 5 contacts per group. An in-app purchase will remove those restrictions.
No recurring subscription is necessary, with either version.