UK-based Soluble Apps announces ShotList 3.0, a new update to their professional-quality filmmaking scheduling tool for iOS devices. ShotList brings a Production Stripboard system to mobile devices for the first time, allowing the planning and tracking of every scene of a shoot as it happens. The new version adds faster navigation and scene filtering features requested by users, as well as a number of other fixes and enhancements.
14th December 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom –
“ShotList”, the unique app which allows filmmakers of all levels to schedule and track movie and video shoots from their mobile devices, gets a new update on the App Store to add features requested by its users.
Production stripboard systems have been used for many years to plan professional movie shoots, and ShotList is the first app to bring a standalone Stripboard system to Apple’s App Store. Shotlist can also be used as a daily “To do” list on larger productions, keeping essential notes and storyboards in your pocket and tracking progress on the day of the shoot by checking off scenes and shots as they are completed.
ShotList enables you to:
- Track and schedule scripted drama, commercial shoots, radio production or videogame motion capture shoots from your mobile device
- Add, edit, delete or re-order scenes across a multi-day shoot.
- Update scene status as you shoot, ensuring a vital scene is not missed.
- Hold storyboard frames or reference images for each scene taken from your photo library or onboard camera.
- Store notes for each scene, with hotlinks for instant access to web addresses* or speed-dial of included phone numbers.
- Keep everyone informed of the latest changes by emailing out a current “one-line schedule” at the press of a button.
- Backup or exchange updated project files wirelessly with other ShotList users in your team with Dropbox™.
Version 3.0 of ShotList adds the ability to filter scenes with a certain combination of characters, locations and settings, faster navigation between scene strips with a simple swipe, and a number of other fixes and enhancements.
Peter Johnson, Lead Developer for Soluble Apps said “This update makes ShotList even easier to use, as the new features to sort and arrange your shoot by location, character etc. really help speed up the initial planning phase. It also helps identify where you may need to make changes if something unexpected affects a location or your cast availability. And the new navigation method makes it so much faster to check which scenes are coming up next on the day.”
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
Pricing and Availability:
ShotList 3.0 is $11.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Soluble Applications is a development studio targeting mobile devices. The studio was founded in Newcastle Upon Tyne in 2010 by Peter Johnson, a seasoned veteran with over 25 years’ experience in the videogames industry as programmer, producer and studio head working on console titles for world-leading games publishers including 2K Games, Atari and Ubisoft. Copyright (C) 2011 Soluble Applications. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
For further information contact: