The updates include:
- NEW Optimisations for iOS 8, including 64 bit support.
- NEW Support for the larger screens on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
- NEW List or Print a group (see below)
- NEW Case-insensitive comparison of email addresses- (i.e. “email@example.com” is now regarded as the same as “Support@email.com”)
- NEW Prevent users creating blank groups, with no members
- NEW Help message about the checklist feature, if a user adds more than 5 addresses by hand at once.
- NEW Help message if user uses an email address as a group name.
- FIX A rare bug if you exit the rename screen for a group without changing anything.
Occasionally we get asked for a way to send or print a list of people in a group, so we have added this (as an experimental feature.) Enabling a switch marked “Email Sharing Button” on the MailShot page in Settings, adds a share button to the menu bar of the group members page. Tapping that button creates an email containing the names and addresses of your group. You can then easily send, print, or copy and paste it.
The release was delayed a few weeks while we struggled to identify an issue introduced by iOS 8 that we now know only affects users using certain non-english characters in contact names, on devices set to non-english languages. We worked around the problem, but we see that Apple have also now fixed their bug with iOS 8.1.
We hope you enjoy the update. As always, you can find help on the Support page and in the User Guide. I that doesn’t solve your problem, please drop us a line from the Support button on the title page of the app if you have any problems and we will be happy to help.
MailShot works with iPhone 6+, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4s, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini, and is available now on the App Store as a free download that can create up to 3 groups with up to 5 contacts per group. An in-app purchase removes those restrictions. No recurring subscription is necessary.